Last Friday, Kathryn and 80 other PTers (physical therapy grad students) and hangers-on journeyed to Milwaukee to watch the Brewer's at Miller Park. They took two buses to haul all of the 80 people and tailgating stuff. I was apparently the only one who had to work (and Tony too) so we left work early and he rode with me to Miller Park. Since they weren't allowed to bring kegs on the bus (pressurized stuff apparently isn't allowed), I picked up two kegs and brought them with me. That afternoon, it looked like showers were possible, so I brought my rain coat, pants and boots for the game (anyone who has been with me on a Concordia cycling trip knows that I always make sure I am prepared).
When we got to the parking lot (parked in the bus lot without paying because the lot attendant said we could even though we just planned to drop off the kegs), it was windy as all hell, but the third keg had been tapped already, so no one seemed to care. I hung around the buses, held Kathryn so she wouldn't blow over, and talked with other people I knew. Other people were impressed by my meat...I guess when you have a real job, you can afford to buy chicken and steak for grilling. Just before the game started, holy hell was unleashed from the skies...basically, it was really raining. I hopped in my car and changed into my rain pants and hiking boots (which I had just waterproofed) so we could get into the game without missing a pitch. I think I was the only one that actually came to watch a baseball game. The game was good, we got the lead runner on a few times, but neither team scored through nine innings. So, we got free baseball, yeah! In the top of the tenth, the Marlins scored three, the Brewers couldn't answer, so that was...ballgame.
When we came back out after the game, one of the kegs was missing and the tap too. Though the details are sketchy with everyone trying to get on the bus with all the stuff once it started raining, it sounds like the keg was put onto the bus and it was locked during the game. It sounds like another group had it on their bus. It sounds like we might get the keg back, sans beer, but everything is still confusing.
Stay tuned for pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment