Monday, September 8, 2008

...And Again

I'm doing Ironman again next year. This morning I got in line early at the Monona Terrace in a special line for people who volunteered during the weekend who wanted to race next year. The athletes who raced this year were able to sign up Saturday, next came the volunteers, non-volunteers signing up in person, and people signing up online. When I got to the Terrace, there was a long line, which was very disappointing, but by the time I we went in, the line more than doubled (both lines were approximately the same length). Fortunately all volunteers and non-volunteers were able to sign up, to my knowledge, because my cousin Mark Rickbeil was able to sign up online today. Mark called Kathryn yesterday asking how I was doing, assuming I was racing this year. I told him I wasn't and he told me that he wanted to sign up for next year. I suggested he try to find a fast computer and internet connection just in case there were only a few slots available online. So now the two of us are signed up to race next year, Sunday, September 13, 2009. Hopefully some cousins, spouses and kids will also be able to make the trip. We'll update you with t-shirt information when it becomes available.

No comments: