Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My other girlfriend won't get off my back

I've been told that my blogging quantity and quality has been sub-par according to some unseen blogging standard. So, after snarky blog posts on other blogs (http://alp-asthewheelturns.blogspot.com/), I have decided to blog to defend my good name.

This blog was started to highlight my Ironman race and to cut my 2007 Ironman Wisconsin race report from one large, unmanageable email to smaller blog posts, complete with pictures. Since then, I have posted accounts of some of the races I have done and a few posts from time to time about random stuff. Most of the blogs this winter have been short, uneventful and infrequent, due to the lack of racing and a general lack of updates other people would find interesting. This reality has seemed to not pacify critics (girlfriend 2a) who is frankly not been that great of a backup girlfriend now that she's found more of a permanent boyfriend. Also, the seriousness of her training has also been called into question after missing last week's regular Tuesday run because of cold and wind (10 with 15 mph is not 'bad' weather) and this week because she's busy (but has plenty of time to see 'new boy'). She didn't even run two weeks ago when only another layer and a face mask was required (-5 is still very runable). Though she might come back with a retort that she trains more often, this is actually my off season, which will end next week with the start of my Madison and Duluth marathon training and my road cycling training.

While not all of us have jobs which allow us to do nothing but blog for days at a time, most of us do not, so we are resigned to blog in the evenings and on weekends, unless the wife insists on going to the Home Depot to redo the bathroom because it looks 'old'.

I am still a blog behind, but I will try to post my goals and races for this coming year if I can get my taxes done this week. Yes, I am working on my taxes already and nearly have them done.

4-3

No comments: