(Why Blogging is More Fun with Venom...albeit fake)
So, if you have have been reading my blog posts from this week and if you've seen girlfriend 2a's defaming of me on her blog (http://alp-asthewheelturns.blogspot.com//), I feel I need to defend my good name.
I have been called out for not running outside Tuesday when the temperatures were in the low single digits, the winds were 30mph and it was snowing...so sue me. I've gone out running twice this winter when it was below zero, she did not, so I have a hall pass (neener, neener). The reason I did not go out and run is because it would have been dangerous to run on ice. The high that day was 45 and the low was -5, it started the day with rain, then it changed to ice and last snow. I didn't feel like it would be safe to try to run on top of that mixture especially when visibility when heading into the wind was greatly reduced. Not running outside in dangerous conditions for forty-five minutes for not being able to train for four months is a trade-off I would gladly make.
For the record, Fraulein Trainsalot (in her mind) is pleased as punch each time she makes it to a training session, either by herself or with someone else, like it is a great accomplishment for her and the rest of the world should look to her as a beacon for training guidance and we should all feel fortunate that she decided to grace us with her presence. Please! Congratulations. You showed up. Here's a medal. This isn't third grade rec soccer, Princess. You have to show up and bring it. Showing up isn't some great success. No one cares. Talk to me at the end of the race or training session. Fist bumps only for doing. Just because you're not on a specific training program doesn't mean you can stop training. There is no off-season, toots.
That's enough from me. Tonight I'll be riding inside for two hours, watching the Badger game. This weekend I'll ride inside again Saturday morning for two hours and get out Sunday for a long run, 90 minutes. All of this I will be doing alone, just like this week, next week, and next weekend because 2a has another excuse, big surprise. 'New boy' might be impressed that you show up, but I'm not...not impressed at all. See you... some time...eventually...maybe.
Oh, and thanks for going out to eat last night. It was fun. Have fun in San Diego.
5-5 (that last five-liner doesn't count)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment