Tuesday/Wednesday we had the second-largest snowfall amount ever in Madison. We officially had 13.3 inches of snow Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday evening. Most schools were closed around Madison and Milwaukee. Madison closed for the second time in as many weeks and has only closed three times in the past seventeen years. We only received an inch Tuesday, but the snow started again Wednesday morning around 8:00a and continued through the day until the evening and included wind and accumulations of two to three inches an hour. When I got home, I brought my nine horsepower, two stage, six forward speeds, two reverse speeds, power steering, 30 inch wide by 24 inch high clearance snowblower and cleaned of the 12 - 24 inches in my driveway in about fifteen minutes. That wasn't quite enough, so I cleared off the sidewalk in front of my two neighbors on each side and two of their driveways as well. When you have a cool toy, every boy just wants to play with it as much as possible. Boys will be boys.
Right now, we are only .7 of an inch away from a new snowfall record for a season. We already set a new record for the month of December, and the total season snowfall looks like it should fall tomorrow. We are forecast to receive 3 - 5 inches of snow from Monday afternoon to Tuesday morning. This is the coldest, snowiest winter we've ever had...and I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment